Because of God’s love, we seek to renew lives and build relationships through Christ Jesus.
Where God has called us:
Exeter Township, is a suburb of Reading, Pennsylvania, the 36th most impoverished city in the USA, about 60 miles west of Philadelphia. We are in the midst of the Northeast corridor = 1 hour from Philadelphia, 2 hours from New York and Baltimore; 3 hours from Washington DC. We are in the middle of 1/3rd of the US population. There are 36,000 persons within 15 minutes’ drive time in an area 5 miles wide and 11 miles long.
Why plant a church here:
• We are committed to Christ and the people of our area.
• There are less than 10 churches of any kind in a township with over 25,000 people.
• 62% of the population are either un-churched or are without a church affiliation.
• Harassed lives: Divorce (60%+), blended families, single mothers, addiction, neglected children.
• Lonely and personally isolated from others.
• Consider themselves spiritual, and often searching for something better.
• People 45 years and younger – the un-churched demographic.
BASIC BIBLICAL BELIEFS
1. God — creator, loves us, active in daily life; God-head of the three as one “We believe that God is the Master Creator of everything, who loves us and is an active part of our daily lives. He is the God-head of the unified three which is comprised of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.”
2. Jesus — our Lord, fully God, fully human, savior “We believe that Jesus is our Lord who is both fully divine and fully human. He was offered as our savior in sacrifice as part of God’s perfect plan.”
3. Holy Spirit — our helper/personal assistant; sent by God to guide & interpret “We believe that God Himself sent the Holy Spirit in order to guide and comfort His believers here on earth while assisting with interpretation of His will for our lives.”
4. Bible — “We believe the Bible is a perfect revealing of God’s relationship with mankind, complete with inspired history and instruction. The theme of the Bible is love, which is shown most vividly through Jesus.”
5. People — created by God in his image, setting us apart from the rest of creation; loved by God and us “We believe that God created people in His image, setting us apart from the rest of creation. God’s deep love for mankind makes people our highest priority of service.”
6. The Church — Jesus is the head; the family here on earth “We believe that Jesus Himself is the head of our church, which is the active family of Christ-followers here on earth. Family life is essential for encouragement and growth.”
KAINOS CORE VALUES
1.Centered on Christ: This is our first core value, our first action because it will ensure proper focus and motivation. EVERYTHING starts with Christ and His love.
2.Restoring Authentic Relationship: Our relationship with our community, our community’s relationship with God, our community’s relationship with one another.
3. Restoring God’s Presence in the Community: By service to community and inviting community to work with us.
4. Making Disciples: Using each of the first 3 values, along with prayer, example, and teaching in order to expand the Kingdom.
5 YEAR PLAN
Building A Team:
Starting in January of 2016 we started a process of discovery. Through the use of small groups we hope to discover the gifts and abilities of each of our members at Kainos. Combined with this effort we will also begin to interact with the community through events at the Library, the local swimming pool, community prayer time, service projects and other ways to help us learn more about the people in our community. This whole process would be covered in prayer as we ask God to reveal the gifts and abilities that our members have as well as the gifts that are needed in our community so that we can best reach the Exeter community.
After we have a core team in place we plan on starting house churches to help us have a more intimate setting to share Christ with those in our community. The house churches will meet weekly with the main focus of sharing Christ with the Exeter community and building relationships with them. We plan on continuing community events but now we will also add an opportunity for the community to worship with Kainos. This could be a Sunday service once a month or possibly a community Easter or Christmas service.
As God blesses us with more leaders and multiplies the house churches we hope to re-launch in the fall of 2018. Once we have re-launched we will continue to have house churches as well as events that help us interact with the community. We still believe that the most growth will come from the intimate time spent in God’s Word and with each other. However, we will also focus on gathering together as one big group every Sunday to worship together.
New Church Plant:
We believe that God wants to expand His Kingdom in our area and that His plan is not limited to the Exeter area. We want to join Him in the work that He is doing around our area. Specifically, we plan on planting a new church in Reading in the fall of 2021. We plan on repeating the same process in Reading as we did in Exeter.
HOW YOU CAN PARTNER WITH US
Please prayerfully consider how you might be able to partner with us financially to help reach the Exeter area for Christ. Please make checks out to: Kainos
P.O. Box 3587
Reading, PA 19606
We believe that this work will only happen because of the power of God. Because of this belief we would love for you to commit to praying for this work. If you commit to pray we will send you regular prayer requests to be praying about.
Your Contact Information:
We would love to be able to share with you our regular newsletters so that you can know what is happening. If you could please share your information with us so that we can keep you informed about the work and progress of what God is doing in the Exeter area.
Thank You For Your Partnership With Us!
“ I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:3-6